Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project 8 Dubstep

This is my prooject 8 dubstep loop. This is the longest and most confusing project we have done. I think the hardest part for me was having sounds linked to events in the video, although in the end I figured out how, and it became useful throughout the project. For my first pattern I came up with a pattern that went well with the opening scene. after about 9 second my 2nd aand third patterns kick in and those patterns are my half time drums. A few seconds latter the base line comes in when the ATAT's begin to come toward the rebel troops. I created the sound in Poizone and made a pattern in the piaano roll. I also added in a bass that goes throughout almost the whole loop. I then added a drum and bass pattern in because it fits with the battle scene. During the battle scene I linked a wobbly drum to the event when the ATAT fires at the snow speeder. I continued with a battle like sounds and linked some drums to lasers firing. As the battle scenes change the sounds do. I came up with some more bass like sounds in poizone when the speeders are flying. When the ATAT is about to trip I went in to sytrus and created a dramatic sound. When the ATAT is blown up I linked a drum sound to represent an explosion. It then goes to another battle scene that has more heavy drum sounds. I created the using some kick drums I found in the FL Studio browser. As Luke skywalker is shot down I created another dramatic pattern. When the speeder finally hits the ground I linked a kick drum to represent a crash. As the loop finishes off I used drum patterns that I already used. As the song begins to end the drums become less and less. I used gross beat in the dramtic noise patterns and pattern one. I created a volume envelope for each time. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment